Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How Being a Freelance Legal Professional Came to Be

Guest blog post, courtesy of NAFLP member Stephanie R. Ellis, J.D.

First, I have to say that I never knew the level of satisfaction involved in working for yourself. I was not one of those people with a deep desire to be an entrepreneur. When I was in law school, I dreamed of getting hired by a decent law firm and doing what was asked of me. I always wanted to succeed at whatever was before me and grow from there. However, things do not always go as planned.

After law school, I started working. Fast-forward three years and here I am. I have been fortunate to have very good work experience, but in the last couple of years, I did not feel like my skills and talents were being utilized to the level I knew I was capable of. Although, I made lasting professional connections, I did not have the challenge I longed for. Consequently, a door opened to step out on my own ...

CLICK HERE to read the rest of this post on the new NAFLP site

No comments: